Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Yoshinoya

We went to Yoshinoya for lunch today. This is a fast food joint that serves up gyudon, a beef bowl. This is the first time I have ever had this stuff, it was pretty good and cheap.

It is thin sliced beef, onions, pickled ginger, and rice. The beef is cooked in shoyu(soy sauce), sake(rice wine), and mirin(sweet rice wine), and sugar(sugar). That is my best guess. It is served with a side of cole slaw which tasted just like grandmas. Thin sliced cabbage, mayo, and sugar. We made some miso soup at the house to go along with it. I was looking forward to eating at this place since a friend of mine told me he once drove three hours to Los Angeles to eat this stuff. I don`t know if I would drive three hours; maybe one hour.

Another Skyline GT-R.

No comments:

Post a Comment